As Soulstice Therapies, I am committed to protecting the privacy of all clients and those who contact me, book treatments with me and visit my website. By using this site, ordering gift vouchers and booking treatments with Soulstice Therapies you agree to the collection and use of your information as outlined in this policy. Upon booking your first treatment with me, you will be asked to confirm your consent to hold information as is relevant and detailed below. This policy may be updated on occasion, so please review it from time to time.
My assurances to you, as my client:
- I keep to a necessary minimum the amount of information I hold about you, depending on what is required in order to conduct my business. This includes some medical information.
- I use your data to respond to your enquiries about my services (the lawful basis for this is “Consent”) and to provide my services to you (the lawful basis for this is “Contract”).
- I delete your data when it is no longer needed (where there has been no contact in excess of 6 years) or if you ask me to.
- I apply appropriate security mechanisms to protect your personal data.
What personal data do I hold about you? – I may collect and process the following data:
- Information about how you use our site, for example, pages viewed. This may include traffic, location and other communication data via Google Analytics. Only information allowed by your personal settings is accessed, please check your privacy settings on your device or PC if you are not sure what information is being transmitted or wish to alter this.
- Information you provide to me: such as when you enquire about a treatment, order gift vouchers or sign up for a course or to be contacted with news and offers via my occasional newsletter. You can choose to unsubscribe to the newsletter at any time.
- When you sign up for a course, I will sign you up to a specific MailChimp campaign in order to send you course information, which you can opt out of, should you wish.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with me.
- Information provided during your initial consultation with regard to your personal health.
- Information provided regarding ongoing health during future treatments with me.
Using Your Information – I use your information to offer my services to you
- In order for me to carry out each treatment with you with full awareness of any health conditions you have that can affect your treatment or can be affected by your treatment and to adjust accordingly, where required.
- For communicating information about courses you are signed up to or treatments, appointment spaces and new offers, where consent is given.
- 10to8.com – Bookings are made via an online booking system held with 10to8.com.
- Mailchimp – For the purposes of sending out course information and occasional newsletters.
I will never share or sell your information to anyone else.
Storing Your Personal Data – I store handwritten information on consultation forms and ongoing client cards in a secured filing system. Due to changes in my working practice and cost reduction during the COVID-19 pandemic, I no longer use writeupp.com for online consultation forms, but have transferred forms previously received in this manner to a paper format stored as stated above.
Storage of Payment Details – Financial transactions between us might include some personal data. I am required to keep this information for the current financial year plus an additional six years for accounting purposes.
I do not store your card details, nor do I share customer details with any 3rd parties.
- In person and telephone card payments are made through Squareup.
- Online payments are made via Stripe.
Disclosing Your Information – I will not disclose your personal information to any other party except:
- Where I am legally required by law
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
- In the event that I sell any or all of my business – you are welcome to ask for your information not to be included in such a transaction, should it ever occur.
Access to your Information – In accordance with the new General Data Regulation Protections (GDRP: in effect from 25 May 2018) you have the right to access any information that I hold relating to you. If you need to complain about how I am handling your personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the “Contact” form on the website. Your ultimate point of contact for all data protection matters in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office. See the Contact us page on the ICO website.
Contacting Me – If you have any questions, please email me:
Serenity Lodge, Lower Lakes, Straight Drove, Chilton Trinity, Bridgwater, Somerset TA5 2BQ
Julie Fox, trading as Soulstice Therapies – sole trader
Last updated 4th August 2019