Julie offers a range of treatments created to take you away from the stresses and strains of everyday using deeply nourishing, calming and relaxing oils, soothing music and therapeutic massage techniques to ease muscular pain and tension, and enhance mobility. For more in-depth information on each treatment, please choose from the drop-down Treatments menu.
All the products Julie uses are cruelty free and, where possible, organic.
The Coconut Merchant – Coconut oil
All massage treatments, unless otherwise stated or requested, are offered using a raw, organic extra virgin coconut oil.
As a raw, virgin organic oil it is so pure that it has an abundance of benefits for the body both externally and internally, perfect for everything from massage to cooking! Virgin coconut oil in cooler temperatures is usually in a solid form and becomes liquid between 18°C and 24°C, but one of the advantages of this oil is its properties are not affected during the transition from solid to liquid to solid, and has a long shelf life.
The oil provides a direct source of energy and isn’t stored as fat in the body. Most of the benefits associated with this oil are thanks to its high lauric acid content which also makes it antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal. Coconut oil is ideal for many uses and is packed with health beauty and cooking benefits.
The unique acids found in coconut oil can not only aid weight loss but they can also boost your immune system, help with cholesterol levels and prevent heart problems too! It’s not limited to the kitchen either; you can moisturise your skin with it, condition your hair, cleanse your mouth and even clean your furniture with it!
Motherlylove products were introduced to the pregnancy massage treatments in March 2016. They are a beautiful, deeply nourishing blend of essential oils created specifically for pregnancy by a former midwife / aromatherapist with extensive experience and service in nursing and midwifery throughout her life. The oils are soothing and gentle with a delicate scent so they’re not overwhelming, but their benefits for stress, tension, stretch marks and swollen ankles are tremendous!
These products are steadily being introduced to my treatments, particularly the luxury range. Certified organic by the Soil Association, they are a blend of natural butters, oils and essential oils, adding a deeply nourishing element; vital to keep your skin happy during the changing seasons. They were chosen due to the high organic content, gentle aromas and highly beneficial effects.
- Try to avoid alcohol, tea and coffee on the day of your treatment as this puts additional stress on the body. Substitute with herbal teas or water.
- Drink plenty of water after your treatment. This will help prevent any headaches or dizziness that can occasionally occur after a treatment, due to the release of toxins and tension, and the deep level of relaxation experienced.
- Give yourself space to relax after your treatment to fully benefit from your experience.
- Try to avoid strenuous activities following your treatment.
- Sometimes deep massage can leave a little tenderness in the muscles following treatment due to the work needed to ease tension and the inflammation that tension can sometimes cause in the tissues. Whilst every effort is made to keep this to a minimum by using a variety of massage techniques, sometimes this is unavoidable. You may feel this the day following your treatment but it should not last any longer. If you have any concerns, please contact Julie straight away for guidance.